Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Monday, July 30, 2007

A Bit o' Bragging


I just wanted to write today to brag a bit on my hunny........Mike. When we met 4 and a half years ago, he was not a Christian, and had recently and in times past been through some really rough times. With the things that he has been through, you'd think that he would be in a totally opposite place in his life than where he is right now. But...when I met him, he was primed and ready to meet Jesus, and I took hold of the opportunity, and introduced them. From the first day I met Mike, he started coming to church with me, and two months later, he gave his life to Christ. Since that time, I have seen him grow tremendously! It has not always been easy, just as it is not easy in anyone's life who is a Christian. Satan always attacks...especially attacking those who he knows are on fire for God, and who are going to make a difference in this world, and win more for Christ.


Now, I see Mike doing things that I know he would have never dreamed he'd be doing. He is counseling and teaching our teenagers at church. I remember how much he wavered on choosing to teach, and now, I have seen him teach several lessons, and he improves on each one! He even got up in front for Thrive and did a lesson there, which in my opinion is much more difficult to do. Even I have not managed to gather up the courage to do that!


Last night, I got to see Mike realize a dream.........he was on stage, playing in the worship band for Thrive. I know that he has been working very hard learning the bass, and he wanted so much to be involved in the aspect of praise and worship, and now he was.........and he did a great job, and I think that we will be seeing him up there more in the future.


OK.......enough bragging. I just wanted to say this, to him and everyone to show how proud of Mike I am in his walk with the Lord. I thank God daily for making our paths cross, and I could not be happier with where I am in life today.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

You should be proud. I know from experience, it's wonderful to stand next to a husband you are proud of!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed being up there with you too sugarbun. I especially enjoyed hearing you play unbridled - the way it should be every Thrive!

Lynn said...

Sounds like you both had a great time. Isn't God awesome... he is doing such a work IN and THROUGH Mike and you get to be a part of that!!!

Christy said...

You two make a fantastic team! And it's so inspiring to see stories like yours. And the Thrive Praise & Worship Band ROCKS!