Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

In the Beginning....


My best friend finally got in to see her doctor and get the confirmation of what she already knew...that she is pregnant. They took a picture and they also hooked her up to the heart monitor and she got to hear the little flittery heart beat. I saw the pic...of course it was just a tiny white blob, but at the same time it was beautiful! The doctor told her that her baby is about the size of a grain of rice right now. She is due in mid-March, and I cannot wait to start spoiling this baby rotten!!

Now, I just want to think about something for a moment. Some folks say that life starts at conception and others say that life starts when the baby is born, and still others say that there has to be some time inbetween there that life starts. Of course this huge question, "When does life begin?" is the question in a ton of debates regarding abortion. That is why some folks have no problem aborting newly conceived babies, and others have no problem doing it up until the baby is born. This really hurts my heart so badly!! I mean, how can ANYONE listen to that little heartbeat in a newly conceived baby, only a couple of weeks old, and say that it is not a BABY in there??!! And even still, later on about month 5 or so when you get that ultra sound done, and even better, these days some get a 3D ultra sound done, and you see that little baby in there! It has all the right parts!! Arms, legs, head, hands, feet, fingers, toes.....and a few more parts... LOL....depending on the sex of the baby. It is a BABY!! How can anyone say it is not??


I sure hope that someday more people will realize how much of a precious, miraculous gift from God those babies are, and ban abortion all together! There are too many people in the world that want them if the birth mother cannot parent the baby, and as much as it hurts my heart, I am sure that it hurts God's heart even more to see so many of His babies be killed.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Amen

Anonymous said...

Amen...I was watching Discovery Health and it showed a baby from embryo until birth. The heart starts beating at 4 weeks after conception. To me that says life!!

Chandra