Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Family

Yesterday was the first time in as long as I can remember that I actually went to a 4th of July gathering. Last Friday, some of us "kids" just sort of invited ourselves to our parents house for the 4th, and of course we were completely welcome to do so, and our parents even invited the other "kids", some of which joined us.

To make this more clear, this was my mom and pop's house. Mom's "kids" and grandkids and some of pop's "kids" and grandkids were there. We swam, talked, ate, and just enjoyed spending time together, and had a good time.

I have a lot of family. My parents split up when I was young, but I have continued to enjoy having a great family, on both sides. Bot parents are remarried to wonderful people, and to me, they are all family......just like any other completely biological family. I love my family, and I know that I am blesses to be in a family that loves each other and would always do anything for each other. You know you are loved when you cannot even leave someone's house without first getting your hugs and kisses! It is wonderful!

I also have other "family". This is my church family. It is obvious to me that God ordained family, because I have learned that you do not have to be biologically related to someone to be family. We have met and become close to some wonderful people in the less than two years we have been at Greenville Christian. We have even been "adopted" into one of the families, and we love that as well!

During this time of remembering our freedoms and blessings, one of the things that I thank God for the most is family.......ALL of my family! I am so blessed!

No comments: