Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Monday, July 16, 2007

ability vs availability

Yesterday was another day of great things happening. Mike and I went to the church where I grew up, to hear my brother preach. He is an elder at that church, and was asked to preach this Sunday while the minister was on vacation. He had never preached before, but accepted the offer, and he did an outstanding job. I am very proud of my big brother! It was awesome to see him up there, and he delivered a great message about how you don't have to have a bunch of special qualifications for God to use you....the biggest thing is that you have to make yourself available...and God will do the rest.

Now, speaking of making yourself available...that is what Mike did, and I feel that God used him in a very special way yesterday also. He decided to take on a night of being the speaker at Thrive. He was unsure about it, but he decided to do it, and it turned out awesome. Again, it was great to see someone who I love up there on the stage, presenting God's word to a group of people. For those of you who were there....you know that I ended up on stage with him, in a sort of drama lesson. That was not actually planned, but decided upon at the last minute, but I think that it was what God wanted us to do, considering that it really turned out to go great. I was so very proud of Mike. He has come such a long way in his walk with Christ.....

I guess the lesson that I can share from these things is exactly the lesson that my brother preached. It is not your ability that God is looking for, it is your availablity. If you can just make yourself available to God to do His work, He will do great things through you to spread the Good News!

On a side note.......I just found out that my best friend and her hubby are going to have a baby!!!! I am very excited for them! We have always said that she is supposed to have a girl, and I am supposed to adopt a boy, so that they can grow up best friends and get married......so now I have to figure out a way to get our adoption plans back on track!! LOL!!

3 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

OHHH - I so wanted to be at Thrive - but we had to go celebrate Ricky's mom's birthday (in the midst of 1000 other things) - I'm sure Mike did wonderful! And hopefully, it wont be his last time up there! We'll see you both up there soon - I'm sure!

Lynn said...

glad to hear that Mike did a great job... I knew that he would!!!! And the availability thing... that is right on target!!! God used many men and women in the bible who had no qualifications but went on to do great things simply because they said Yes to his call. I am glad that you and Mike are both becoming such great "Yes" people!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliments on my lesson sugie!