Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Monday, July 2, 2007

Amy's Beat Intro

Well I guess I should get into the blogging action. I did not know what to call it, so since I tend to march to the beat of my own drums......I thought I'd call it Amy's Beat.

I can't say that what I have to say will appeal to most, or to anyone for that matter, but hey, it is a way of saying what is on my mind, and seeing if anyone has any comments about it.

Yesterday, I taught a lesson in the High School youth group about the Holy Spirit. I must say that this was one of the toughes lessons that I have ever worked on. It was on my mind for two weeks time, before I finally sat down to start writing. And..that is exactly what I did. I lit some candles, sat up comfortably in my bed with my laptop, prayed and then started writing. Sometimes I felt like my thoughts were getting very random and not making sense at all, but when I stopped after a while and read what I was writing, I was amazed at how much sense it did make! So, I kept going. I have an awesome website where I go to get my Bible verses. It is cool because you can either pull up verses by book, chapter and verse, or you can put in keywords or topics. And, the best thing is, once you find the verses you want for your lessons, you can just copy and past them, and there they are....in your lesson notes!

Anyway, I sat there for several hours one night and then a few more hours the next day and came up with what I thought was a fairly good lesson. You will have to ask the teens for their opinion though...since I might be partial.

Through this process, I was reminded of, and also learned some things about the Holy Spirit. It is just so cool to think about how we have the Spirit of our most high God, in us! The only way to really know a man (or woman) is to know their spirit, and God made His Spirit available for us, so that we can truly know him! How awesome is that! It is so amazing to see the things that the early church did, after tapping into the powers of the Holy Spirit. It is even more amazing to realize that I have the potential for that same power. I know working on and presenting this lesson for the teens really made me take some time to think about that, and I hope that it made them think about it as well. If all of us true followers of Christ really were to tap into the fullness of the power that the Holy Spirit gives us, just imagine the impact that would have on our fallen world!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

great start...glad to see that you have joined the club! Gives me more to read each day!!!!!!

Chad Doerr said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. I appreciate your thoughts. I've always learned so much during my prep time for teaching & preaching.

Rebecca Jo said...

Hey Amy! Love your first entry on your blog!
I'm sure the kids did enjoy your lesson. So much to learn about the Holy Spirit and how it works in all of us!