Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Friday, July 13, 2007

Quality Time

If you are following Mike's blog, you will see that at times we tend to write about the same things...........hmm.........I guess we have the same experiences, huh?

He did mention about our quality time with the teens here recently, but I want to touch on the same subject. In my last blog, I mentioned that we had Carly with us Sunday, and how that added to make that day special. She is a cool teen, and hopefully she sees us as being special in her life as we see her in ours.

Then, on Tuesday we took two brothers from our youth group out for lunch and a movie. Transformers was a great movie, but it was made even more special by the fact that we were sharing it with some of our teens from church. Then the hanging out at our house afterwards and playing guitar hero was great as well.

A lot of adults are "scared" of teenagers, becasue they feel that they talk a different language, or dress weird, or watch crazy tv and listen to strange music. The fact is, they are just like you when you were a teenager! They are doing the things that teenagers do.......and when you were a teenager, you did things that seemed weird to the adults around you. But...you weren't "scarey" were you? (Well maybe some of you.....) If you have not done so, get to know some of the teenagers at church....just walk up and talk to them. They will not bite your head off. As a matter of fact, if you talk to them, they just might talk back..........and in a language you will understand!

Teenagers are great..........and OUR teenagers are the best! They can really teach us adults some lessons if you just let them!

4 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

You are so right Amy! We have the best group of teens at our church. I just told someone the other night, one imparticular - Jordan - makes me laugh harder than most adults I know! These kids have great hearts!

Just Jonna said...

I just discovered yesterday that the two brothers you mentioned are some of my favorites, too! Small world =)

Just Jonna said...

I just discovered that the two brothers you mentioned are some of my favorites too! small world =)

Anonymous said...

awww you think that i am cool!!! your cool to!!!