Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Monday, August 6, 2007

a Point, at last

Hey all.......I know that there are those of you out there who read my blogs, and are thinking, hmm, is she going to write anything new?? Well, here is something new...only, I really don't know what to write about. I have not had any good thoughts lately.

So, just a note on what I have been up to I guess. I helped my best friend get moved into her new house last weekend...like, not this past one, but the one before that! They built an awesome house, and the best part about it is that now she is my "country neighbor." It takes about 10 minutes to get to her house from here, but in the country, that is considered close!

This past weekend I went to the Harrison County Fair on Saturday night. I met my neighbors out there, and we listened to two bands. They were both pretty hard rock groups, and I loved it. I knew one of the guys in the second band. It's so funny, he is all tatooed and pierced, and plays in a hard rock band....but he is so quite and shy. To look at him you'd think that he'd be really wild! Hey...there is a good point there! You cannot judge others by what they look like! Personal example..I used to have an eyebrow ring, and I absolutely loved it. I only took it out because it got infected and would not get better. However, I did notice a time or two that I got "the look" from some folks......personally I thought it was kinda funny, and kept thinking..."if they only knew me they'd be surprised." But anyway....that was a good experience, and a good example of how someone's looks do not always define who they are.

OK, there ya go....a story with a good point!

The rest of the weekend was good too. I always love being at Thrive, and especially playing in the Thrive band. It really rocks! We have a great time, and I am really excited now to see that several of the teenagers are starting to bring friends with them to Thrive. That says a lot!!

2 comments:

Just Jonna said...

Georgetown is hoping to start The Loft again soon, every other week, but we were thinking of bringing our youth to Thrive on our off-weeks...

Anonymous said...

I agree, people should not judge on looks alone, is one of the things I like about having a tattoo and ear piercing -- wards off the people who judge by looks along -- thier loss lol