Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Friday, August 31, 2007

my week

Hey Blogging World.........for those who check in on me often, I am sorry I have not written for a bit. This has been a long crazy week........work wise. Things were slow for so long at work, and now they are picking up, and it is taking me a bit of time to get used to it. However, that is a good thing.....more business means good business, which means a continued paycheck!

Anyway, the talent show at church last Sunday night was awesome. I really like how it was set up like American Idol, or America's Got Talent, with the judes and all. I must tell on myself and say that I did not realize that "Randy" was Paul until about half way through the show! To my defense, we were sitting in the very back of the church, and my eyes are not the best...but you would think that I would have recognized his voice! Mike mentioned something about him and called him Paul..and it took about 30 seconds to realize what he was talking about. Crazy!

I enjoyed getting to be "the band" for two different singers. It was awesome...and one of the songs was definately a challenge! We played it together for the first time Sunday afternoon.....and it was not a pretty picture at all! However, after going over it more and more, and fine tuning certain parts of it, I feel that it turned out really well.......and we all had a blast! So, it was good, and I hope that God was pleased with it.

I just got home from work, and it is late, but I wanted to write a bit of something for you all to read......and I did.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Just Jonna said...

yaaaay! you blogged! I've been meaning to ask about the talent show. Wish we could have come, but we did have a great time at the Loft. Hope you guys can come visit it!

Courtney said...

That's so funny about not knowing Paul was Randy! Anyway thanks for your hard work on putting that song together. I had faith in you and the band the whole time!!!:-)