Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Good Times



Yesterday we went to the Kentucky State Fair. Mike and I took Patrick and Thomas with us, and we met another of the teenagers, Will, there later on. We had opened it up to the class at church, and these three decided they wanted to join us. We had a really good time, despite the hot and sticky weather! Mike, Thomas, Patrick and I got there first and we walked around for a bit, looking at the stuff people had entered and seeing what kinds of freebees we could walk away with. Then, we met up with Will, and had some fair food and headed over to the Mercy Me, and Tree 63 concert. It was great. Considering there were 4 musicians in our group, we all had our certain instruments that we had our eyes on! I was watching the drums, Patrick the guitars, Mike the bass guitar, and Thomas the keyboards. It was fun to watch the performers, and to talk abour our playing together that we do.



The music was great, and the quality time with the boys.......all four of them in my case!! was great!

Will had a special moment after the concert. He had really been getting into the music, and was really feeling the Holy Spirit and lifting himself up to God throughout the concert. When it was over, a man who was sitting across the ailse from us came over to Will and told him that he could tell that he really loved Jesus!



I thought that was awesome........and it made me think........can people tell that I love Jesus?? I need to be sure to take a step back and watch myself from time to time, to make sure I am showing my love for our Lord as well. I am not a really expressive person, so it is hard for me to show it as openly and outwardly as Will was at the concert, but, as Jesus told us to go out and tell others about Him, I need to make sure I am expressing my love for Jesus, and being like Him to the best of my ability at all times!

Back to the fair.........well it had been a very long day, but after the concert we took the other two boys home...Thomas and Patrick. We got to their house at about midnight, and I figured their mom would be waiting up for them to get home, and being glad they were home, that she would be ready to drop into bed....WRONG! She invited us in, and her, all three of her boys, Mike and myself stayed up talking until 2am! It was a really enjoyable time........we talked about everything from church, to home schooling, to music.....cats, dogs, houses, cars, kids, family, etc etc......It was a great time. We got to enjoy some great, late night fellowship with some great Christian friends.




.......and a good time was had by all!! (if the above pictures are not showing, click on view show, and you will be able to see them)

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

awsome thank you both for volunteering in the youth department the kids are blessed by having so many adults taking interest in their lives

Anonymous said...

I had a good time you sugie, and our "kids". Maybe we can make it annual thing and get more people to go with us next year!

Just Jonna said...

hey, sounds like a blast! I just love that family, by the way. Cindy is sooo much fun, and so... 'real'. and her boys just take the cake.

Rebecca Jo said...

I'm jealous!!! I wanted to go to the concert myself - but it was too darn hot - (plus, I was locked out of my house as you know - I didnt have shoes on....) Sounds like a fantastic time! What a blessing you are to the kids!