Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Update

I have posted on here a few times about a potential situation where Mike and I might get to adopt a set of twins due in April. Well I had just recently posted that I had not gotten any news lately about the situation. My contact person, Lindsey, has moved away from where the birth mother, Autumn, lives, so she has not talked to her much lately. Tonight I was surprised to have a message from Lindsay when I got off of work. She was upset though, and asked me to call her. I did, and I got some very sad news. Autumn had found out that the babies are a boy and a girl, which is what we were hoping for. However, the baby boy just died. It was due to a genetic disorder that is inherited, and apparently runs in Autumn's family. Lindsay was not really clear on all of the details, but it has something to do with extra fluid building up. It is something that usually goes away as the baby develops, but in some cases, as in this one, there is hemoraging, and the baby died. As far as they know the baby girl is OK and continuing to develop well.

Autumn and Lee, her husband, are pretty torn up about this, as I am sure anyone would be. I am pretty upset about it myself, even though these were not my babies and there was not a final decision yet about an adoption. Please pray for all involved, and continue to pray for the decision that they need to make as far as actually choosing adoption or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you're having a hard time with it sug, but we just have to remember it's all in God's hands (even though a lot of times it still doesn't make it any easier). There is a reason for everything and we just have to wait and see how he works things out.