Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Stuggles

I want to write to ask for continued prayer for Autumn, her husband Lee, the babies, Lindsey, and myself. Things have pretty much stopped as far as the potential adoption. Basically, I am getting no communication from anyone. Lindsey, from what I understand, is getting back with old friends........you know, the kind who get you into trouble, you end up in rehab, and then get yourself clean, and vow never to go back to them, but you do anyway? So, I have tried and tried to get in touch with her, but she is not answering and not returning calls. I have heard about her getting back with her old friends, and back into drugs from her brother, who asked for me to pray for her. She has also pretty much moved back to this area, which is where those friends are, so she is no longer around Autumn. So, my prayer for her is that she wakes up to what she is doing and gets out before she completly brings herself down again.

Now, Autumn and Lee do have my phone number and have called me once. However, I tried to call them, left a message and they never called me back. I therefore cannot call them again because that would be like I was pushing them to talk to me, and I will not do that. My prayer is that they continue to think about the well being of the babies, and continue to keep Mike and me in mind as far as adopting.

I ask for prayer for the babies, that they grow, develop, and are born healthy when the right time comes.

The prayers that I ask for myself are that I will have peace for this whole situation. When the lack of communication first started, I did not handle it well. I started having anxiety attacks, and was so upset trying to figure out what I could do to make this happen. Then I finally prayed about it, and gave it BACK to God, and asked him to help me deal with this, and to give me peace. So far, I have done pretty well since then. I still have had no communication but I am doing a better job of allowing God to handle things.

Please pray for these things. I do appreciate all of the prayers that I know have gone up on behalf of this situation, and also the words of encouragement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you guys are going through this. I'm glad you've given it back to God...most times that's the hardest thing to do but the wisest. He will lead you down the right path...just trust him.