Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Friday, October 3, 2008

News and Updates

Today I had to go and get my wisdom teeth pulled....all four of them. I was put under. I'd have it no other way. I am a complete wimp when it comes to anyone messing with my mouth. I went years without going to the dentist, and Mike came into my life and he convinced me that I needed to go. As it turned out, I had no cavities, except in my wisdom teeth, which they were all in but not all completely in. This was about 4 years ago and the dentist has been on me about getting them taken out. I promised him at my last cleaning that I would get it done, so today was the day. It was so weird. I remember going in there and getting an IV put in and he put something in the IV and then next thing I know I am in a different room, laying down under a blanket! I have no idea how I got there. I had to have walked though because the chair I was in was not on rollers. It is so weird.

Well my mouth was completely numb. Mike brought me home and he gave me my meds every three hours, and I slept. I finally was able to get up out of bed around 7, and hit the couch. I still talk funny and have chipmunk cheeks but at least I can talk..........all day I kept trying to talk to Mike and he was having trouble decifering what I was trying to say! I do seem to be improving well, of course the pain meds work great....haha. I hope to be able to play in the band at the ranch this Sunday for the fund raiser.

In other news, Autumn, the lady pregnant with twins, has Mike and my profile. She has said to Lindsey that she can see that if we were to adopt her twins that it would be such a blessing and dream come true for us. She also knows that she needs to give the babies a good chance in life by allowing them to be adopted. She however is still struggling making that decision final. PLEASE please please continue to pray for her and this decision. Mike and I want to adopt those babies so badly. We know that we are ready from this and have such a desire to have them and raise them to know God. We want to have a family. We do realize still that this might not be God's plan, and if so we will accept that. However, we can't help but to continue to pray that it is His will and he will bring those babies home to us. Autumn goes to the doctor next week and will be able to see what they are.........she thinks they are boys, but that is just a mother's intuition. Of course, I'd not mind that! .........but I will take two boys, two girls, or one of each, which would actually be the ideal situation.

So, just please pray for this situation and also pray for Lindsey. She is the friend of Autumn who I have contact with. She really wants to see the babies go to us as well, and is encouraging Autumn in that way. THANKS FOR MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR PRAYERS AND YOUR KIND WORDS AND CONCERNS OVER THE SITUATION. I hope to have new news soon, but there are still 5-6 months to go, so anything could happen.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

ouch hope you heal up ok may God bless you with a little one (or two soon)