Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Friday, September 19, 2008

My Man

Mike went on his Emmaus Walk last weekend and he came home completely revitalized and desiring a closer more intimate walk with our Lord. He gave much over to God and is determined to let God keep it. It is amazing how much a person can change over a few days of quite time with God, fellowship with other believers, and encouragement from loved ones and other Jesus followers. I am so very proud my my favorite person in the whole wide world................that's you Mike!! I love you and love the new, deeper conversations that we have been enjoying. I look forward to our continued growth in God and with each other.

Anyone reading this who has not been on an Emmaus walk I definately encourage you to go on one. If you want more information about it, please just ask. I'd be more than happy to tell you, and also to sponsor you if you want to go on a Walk.

I was supposed to play drums in the band for the women's Emmaus Walk this weekend but due to recent weather, the electricity is out at the Woods where we were to stay, so the Walk has been postponed. I will give an update later on when we have new dates for it. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy a weekend of sleeping in and finally having a chance to get caught up on some things that I have still not gotten to since I have been home from Guatemala.

3 comments:

Joe Rollins said...

It was very encouraging to hear how powerful this walk was. It's something I would like to do myself.

Thanks for the post!

Lynn said...

glad to hear that all went well... sorry to hear the women's walk was cancelled... all in God's time....

Anonymous said...

You are such a sweetie. I am glad we are able to share one more thing together now, and what a thing it is! I would recommend it to anyone who would like to know God on an even more personal level.