Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Monday, September 22, 2008

HAPPENINGS



I have some updates on a few things that have been near and dear to my heart lately and that I have shared with others. The first has to do with the twin babies that Autumn is carrying. Just to recap, Autumn is friends with Lindsey, and Lindsey is the sister of a guy I work with. Anyway, Lindsey called today and said that Autumn has still not made any decisions. Apparenly there have been several people who live near her who have been offering to raise the babies, but according to Lindsey, none of them are a good fit. Lindsey is going to encourage Autumn to get to know Mike and myself before she makes any decision because she really thinks of all of the options, that we would be the best. I have made up a profile of information on Mike and myself, including many pictures. This Thursday, Lindsey is supposed to be in town, and we are planning to meet so that Lindsey can get to know us herself, as well as I can give her the profile to give to Autumn.

So.........pray pray pray!! I really feel like Mike and I would be great parents for these babies. We would provide for their every need, and even spoil them a bit I am sure. We also have very supportive family and friends who I am sure would help us along the way. Most importantly though, we would raise them in a home that knows and loves God, and teach them about Jesus so that when they are old enough to make their own decisions that they would decide for themselves to follow Christ.

Adopting would be one of the biggest blessings of my life if it were to happen. I also know that God has a plan, and it might not be for us to adopt these babies, and I have been praying that if that is the case, that God would help us to understand and accept that decision.

EMMAUS WALK

The other thing that has been going on is that the women's Emmaus Walk for this past weekend was cancelled due to the power outages. I just found out today that it has been rescheduled for October 30th til November 2nd. I did have some tentative plans for that weekend, due to the fact that it is Halloween weekend, however, I realize that the Walk is the more important event, so I will have to sacrifice my own plans, which is OK.

That's all for now.............

No comments: