Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Mike is back!

Hi all..

I am sorry that I have not blogged in a while. I just have not had the desire........or whatever it is, lately.

I did want to say though that Mike's blog is up and running once again. Some of you have asked about it, and I told you that he deleted it, which he did. Well he wanted me to write and let you all know that he has started posting things once again, so if you want to check it out, you can.

Well, now that I am on here, I guess I can write a little bit about what I have been doing. Lately I have been spending many hours working on a series of lessons for teaching the high schoolers. We, the youth leaders, decided that we wanted to teach the book of Acts. I volunteered to do the whole series, minus the week that I will be in Guatemala. So, I have spent many hours going through the book, taking notes, and preparing my lessons. Although it has been time consuming, I have really enjoyed it. I have done indebth studies of certain books of the Bible in different classes or study groups, but I have never just gone through a book on my own and outlined it and researched it for the purpose of teaching it. I have learned a lot by doing this. When I get done I will have a pretty cool study guide for the book of Acts!!!

I guess I should also point out that I only have 11 more days until I leave for Guatemala! I am very excited about this. I have gotten most of the things done to prepare for my trip, but I still have a few more. This will be such an awesome experience, and I am so thankful to God and to all of those who have sponsored me to help make this trip possible. I hope to have an eternal impact on several of the kiddos or even adults down there, but even if it is only one that I impact, it is still all worth it!!

3 comments:

Just Jonna said...

Hey, what are the dates of your trip? We'll be praying!

Amy said...

Hey Jonna,
I am leaving on January 22, and will return on the 29th. I appreciate the prayers!

Jeremy said...

amy thank you for your work on the lessons in acts you have done an outstanding job and i am very proud of you not that that means anything but i am have fun in guatumala dont try stealing a kid they would probably frown upon that I will be praying for your mission