Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

I've arrived!

Well I had to have Mike post this because I cannot figure out how to type in the @ symbol to enter my sign in name to sign into my blog! How frustrating. I am here, but I have no clothes...the airline lost my bag, and i have yet to get it back.

This will be my second night here, and suposedly it will be here either tonight or in the morning, althought they had previously said it would be here by 3pm today. So...other than that, the getting here part was fine. Both of my plane rides were great, and finding my way in Charlotte and here was quite easy.

Today we went to Hannahs Hope for a while and the kiddos used fabric markers to make their own designs on their t-shirts. It was a blast, even though I was only able to talk with them a little bit. Then we spent about an hour holding and feeding babies...there are 120 babies in this home! It was overwhelming the first night when I saw them. We also went to a boys home today....there were over 200 boys there. It was crazy.

I am about out of time here....more later.

1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

This is so exciting to hear about Amy - I know you are loving every minute of it - even if you are in the same clothes the whole time :-)