Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

God Loved Us........and Sent His Son

Two weeks ago I started teaching a series on the book of Acts in the Bible to our high schoolers at church. This is probably the most extensive, most time consuming set of lessons that I have prepared, and I am really enjoying it a great deal! I have read the book of Acts, probably numerous times, and I have done studies on parts of it throughout my years as a Christian, but I have never set down on my own, and outlined it in order to teach it myself. I have to say that it has been pretty cool. When I am done with this series of lessons, I would like to try to pick another book of the Bible and do the same thing. I might not have as much motivation......right now my motivation of course is that I am teaching it and I have to study it before I can teach it.....but even without that motivation, I want to try to do it. So, if anyone wants to ask me about it in the future, feel free to do so. Maybe that will keep me on my toes.







So, the main theme in Acts.........or as I said today, the recurring theme........is basically what the Bible is all about. God sent Jesus, His Son, to us, we (mankind in general) rejected him, and eventually killed him, and then God brought him back to life......and it does not stop there. The good news is that we (mankind) did made that huge mistake but it is forgivable and correctable! We can still change sides......and choose to join Jesus by realizing what we have done, asking for forgivness for our sins, and believing Jesus is who he said he is and accepting him as the one who will save us from eternal death in hell and eternal separation from God! As I said in class today......I am not sure about the rest of you, but I don't want that!!







OK......so that gives you insight into the book of Acts, as well as into what I have been up to lately. Also, I have enjoyed posting little video's of my nieces, and I don't want to become a blogger who just posts videos all the time, especially of family, but I just have to put this one on here. My beautiful, adorable niece says it all in this short video.........she sums up the whole Bible for us!! Enjoy!!












2 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Keep posting the videos - they are just too cute!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your lesson sugar, that til I had to leave to go play bass! It shows that you put a lot of work into your lessons.