Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Monday, January 28, 2008

last day, so sad

well i have just said goodbye to the kiddos and the ladies at hannahs hope and it was so sad. i really bonded with several of the kiddos, especially the 5 and 6 year old boys. i have some really cute photos of them, and me with them. i can´t wait to share my photos with everyone!!

we are getting ready to gather and hear marvins testimony, so i will try to film as much of it as i can before my battery runs out...or i run out of tape. i hear he tends to go on and on and on....but it is all great from what i understand. he used to be a gangster, and now he is on fire for our God. he is really helping tons of people who live down in the limonada (the ghetto) to learn who God is, and to come to a relationship with him. i got the chance to talk one on one with ashley today and told her that i´d like to help someday down there.....she teaches english down there, and they want to put in a compter lab and try to teach them out to use the internet and computers so that they might get some skills and maybe be able to find jobs. it is so sad though...most people down there can not find jobs simply because they live in the limonada......which is so sad. they cannot get a job, so they canot make any money, so they cannot get out of the limonada, and cannot better themselves. also, practically no one can get a job anywhere in guatemala if they have a tatoo, and it is especially hard for the gangsters...since they are covered with them. hannahs hope does not use that practice and they did hire a girl with a tatoo, but it was a gangster tatoo and the other ladies who worked there were intimidated by the tatoo so they had to fire her. it is really sad....

also, marvin said that they really need clothes down there. i am going to find out how much it would be for me to ship clothes to ashlee at hannahs hope and have her take them down to marvin. so, that is a mission that anyone who feels led to can donate towards. i want to send stuff, but it might be a bit pricy by the time i fill a box with clothes, so once i estimate the price, i will let everyone know and if anyone wants to donate anything, a dollar, 5 dollars, whatever, i will try to get some clothes down there for them in the limonada...

i guess i should go for now.

4 comments:

Christy said...

I am so proud of you! And your trip - I'm positive you've blessed so many people and been blessed by them! I can't wait to see your pictures and hear your excitement! And I'd be glad to help as much as I can for the clothes!

frankupchurch said...

Dear Amy,
I "stumbled" onto your blog quite by accident because I was trying to research Hannah's Hope in Guatemala. I was hoping to correspond with you via e-mail. If you would like to reply, please e-mail me at

frankupchurch@windstream.net

Thanks, Delise Upchurch

frankupchurch said...

Amy,
I was hoping to correspond with you via e-mail (but I don't have your e-mail address). I was researching Hannah's Hope in Guatemala. My address is

frankupchurch@windstream.net

Thanks,
Delise Upchurch

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am Liz, I work at La Limonada in Guatemala City, and I was just curious to know the name of the ministry or organization that you visited on that particular time. You can see our ministry at www.plantiodejehova.org MI am wondering this, because as you probably saw, the Dump has different organizations helping all around, but there are not many of us down here at La Limonada. I would love to hear back from you! my email is herrerafigueroa@gmail.com

Blessings!