Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Saturday, October 20, 2007

What a Wreck!

Well here it is.......my poor little red car. Many know by now, but I wrecked it this week, on Tuesday. I am ok, except for a yucky cut on my toe and I was pretty sore, but am mostly over that. OK, so now you are all saying, "Well, what happened?".



I was driving down Paoli Pike Tuesday morning around 10:30 and I hit an oil spot. I did not know at the time what happened. I was actually driving very carefully, because I have wrecked on that hill before, and I have much respect for the dangers it presents, especially when wet. I was driving along, and all of the sudden I was swerving and I did a 360 in the road. I was just doing my very best to get back in control of the car, and avoid the oncoming traffic. I did manage to avoid all of the traffic, by the Grace of God, and finally I went sideways into the leading edge of a guardrail. I was very shook up, but unhurt except for the toe cut, and that was done by my pedal, which is metal and not covered by one of those rubber covers. I was wearing sandals and I guess during the fancy footwork I banged it up a bit.



I called 911 and when I got out of my car a guy was there, who had been going the opposite direction and I asked him what happened and he told me about the slick spot in the road. As it turns out, the cop that came had already responded to 4 other calls in nearly that exact spot that day. Also, during the time I was there, I saw 4-5 others hit the same spot. A couple almost lost control as well, but fortunately none of them completely lost control and came crashing into my car or me.



Now, my car is at the shop. The damage is bad, but not as bad as it could have been. I am ok, I did not hit anyone else, and the car is fixable. That is huge for those of you who know me, because I love that car!



So, that is my week. Oh, and if you read Mike's Blog, you will see that God really provided and His timing is cool. I was still upset about the wreck on Wednesday when he found out that the VA is going to come through with some compensation for the "ailments" he has as a result of being in the Army. You can click on his name and read his blog for more details on that.

See the sad sad sights below.......


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Just Jonna said...

Wow! I'm so glad you're ok, and that your car will be, too. That's an easy road to have a accident. (but still one of my favorites)

Anonymous said...

I know how much it hurts ya to have your baby in the shop, but I am so thankful my baby wasn't hurt in the accident. Love you booger.

Courtney said...

I'm just glad YOU'RE not in the shop!

Jeremy said...

Ouch!!! man that stinks glad you wern't hurt too bad though.

Chad Doerr said...

Glad you're okay!