Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Blog, blog, blog..........

I guess it is about time I put something new on my blog page. I always enjoy looking at everyone else's blogs to see what they write, and when they have not written I always wonder when they will write again........hmm..........I guess they might be wondering the same thing about me, huh?

I have had a lot going on, but for some reason, I just have not sat down to write about it.

My two biggest enjoyments here lately have been my time I spend with Mike and my time I spend with the teenagers at church. Mike and I have been kinda limited on what we do lately due to money. Everything costs so much to do these days! We have had some nice evenings here lately though, just hanging out and watching movies or some of the new TV shows. I know Mike blogged about his new "stories" that have started this fall. The one that I have gotten into with him has been The Bionic Woman. It is a really good show so far. I want to learn to fight like her. She is awesome! I have a black belt in karate, but I did not really learn as much as I would have liked. Maybe someday I can afford to go to a different karate school and start over and hopefully learn more in debth stuff this time.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


A few weeks ago, Mike and I went to see Carly perform in a band competition. That was fun. I enjoyed watching her do what she enjoys and what she has put many hours into practicing. I was never into band when I was in high school, so this is a new kind of experience for me. I am sure that she will read this blog, so...Carly, you did great, and I hope that you all do well at Regionals and get to move on up to STATE!! But...even if you don't make it that far, you still have done wonderful, and keep up the hard work. I love ya "little sis!"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Last week I went to a cross country meet. Three of the youth group kids ran in that. It was Kyle Jackson, Rachel Manius, and Adam Manius. Since cross country was my sport of choice in high school, going to the cross country meet was not only enjoyable, but it brought back a ton of memories. They were running at Pekin Eastern, and I have run that course many times myself. Being there, watching the kids run and really put their hearts into what they were doing brought back so many memories and emotions from when I was in high school. Life does go on, but it was nice to take a trip down memory lane for a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww thanks for coming!!! and i love you to "big Sis" or should i say "bigger sis"?!?!? thanks for the good luck at regionals we are definately going to need it!!! there are 17 bands at our comp. and 18 at the other and you have to be in the top 10 to go on and i think that we have the top 7 from last year at our regional!!! but we have been practicing really hard and hopefully we will get there!!!!