Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Purity


Lately I have been working on putting together some sheet music and songs on CD for our band to listen to and prepare to play. My friend Stephanie has been asked to talk at a Purity program, that a church in Charlestown is putting on. When she was asked about this, she mentioned that she sings, and that she has a band that can play for her. This lady got really excited about this idea, and she even postponed her program for two weeks to give us time to put something together. In that time, Mike, Stephanie and I have picked out some songs, and tomorrow the band will get together and decide which songs we will do and practice them. The program is on the first Saturday in November, which is about a week and a half away. We are all very excited about getting to do this. Hopefully we will be able to get the teens excited about praising and worshipping God, as well as give them encouragement and a good message about being pure, and dressing pure. I will try to actually get some photos from the program and post a blog after we do it...however, it is kinda hard to take pictures while I am playing the drums. Maybe I can get someone to do that for me..



If any of you have a teenager, teach a teenager, or just know a teenager, and want more information about this program, let me know and I can get it for you. I still don't know the specifics about where this is, but I am sure it will be a great program for any teenager, hopefully making them more aware of the importance of being pure, and well as learning to dress in a Godly, pure and appropriate way.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think that sounds awesome. It really is a fight against mainstream culture to equip the young girls today with the practical teaching of the Word concerning purity and modest dress. I want to hear more about it.

Jeremy said...

kool i am glad you guys are getting out and playing hope i can make it to this event.