Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Friday, August 1, 2008

The Newest Little Drummer

Around last November, my niece, who was 3 at the time, decided that she wanted to play the drums. Of course that thriled me, since I am a drummer. I let her play around with my drums when she wanted to, and she started asking for drums for Christmas. Well it was a bit too late for that since it was only a month away from Christmas, but her mommy and daddy did find a toy drumset, and she got that for Christmas. She loved it! She played on it a lot, and had a ton of fun. We, her mommy and daddy, and uncle Mike and I, decided that if she was still intersted in drumming on her 4th birthday, that we would go in together and buy her a real drumset. Well her birthday was in July, and sure enough she was still intersted. My brother and I looked at sets, and decided on a junior, Ludwig drumset for her. We ran into all kinds of trouble getting it, and we missed her birthday, but last Monday, it was there and I finally got to set it up. She loves it!! I gave her a short lesson Monday, and plan to start giving her regular lessons. I think it will be so much fun! I posted the very first video if her playing the drums on Monday right after she got them. Enjoy!

No comments: