Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Out of the mouth of a 4 year old

I heard something today that really made my heart happy. It goes back to before my second trip that I took to Gutemala, where I took hundreds of pounds of clothing and shoes and other things to share with the people wo call the ghetto their home. These people are very poor, yet they are happy. They don't have loads and loads of stuff like we do here in the USA and they are very thankful for all that they have. I was blessed with the opportunity to go spend the week living with them in the ghetto and I took lots and lots of clothes with me that had been donated, and I was able to give out clothing to many many familes. I saw the excited sparkling eyes of the kids and parents alike when I handed them clothing that they really needed and told it was for them, for free. So many got new shirts, pants, shorts, hats, socks, shoes, toys, and even dinner was cooked for many families. It was great.

One thing that happened before I left was that my four year old niece gave me some shoes of hers that were too little for her. She wanted those shoes to be given to a kid in Guatemala who did not have any shoes and needed some. I think that is so awesome that Faith, my niece, was able to understand that there were other little boys and girls like her out in the world who did not have shoes and that she wanted to help by giving her shoes to them. Isn't that just precisous? Well I took her shoes and I even took a pitcture of the kid who was blesses enough to get the shoes from Faith, and gave it to Faith to remember her good deed.

I just found out today that Faith still talks about Guatemala on many different occasions. I heard the story today about when Faith and Hannah, my nieces were talking with Heather, their mom. Heather was saying that they should be blessed that they have shoes and Faith said ya, like the kids in Guatemala who dont have shoes. Hannah said "ahhhh," showing sadness for those kids. Faith piped right up and said "it's OK, Aunt Amy will go down there and give them shoes so they will be ok." I heard that story and it just melted my heart!!! Faith really understands what it is all about and I was able to be a glimpse of Jesus for Faith to see!!! I hope and pray that this sticks with her and that she will be ready to take shoes down there with me some day when she gets a little bit older. Faithy has such a great heart for "the great comission" and she is only 4 years old!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a cool example of doing something for God generally reaches more people than we know.

Just Jonna said...

sounds like in a few years, you may have a companion in your mission travels. =)