Amy's Beat

Amy's Beat
I groove to the beat of my own drums!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

visit

A month ago I met a new friend, who happens to be a pastor. He pastors a small church off highway 135, between New Salisbury and Corydon. I told him that we would come visit him sometime soon, and today was the day. Mike and I went to his church this morning. It was a very nice visit. Their church is small, only around 50-55 in attendence. It was really nice, everyone was very friendly and it seemed like a family. It is a Methodist church, so they only take communion each month there is a 5th Sunday, so today was a special communion service. I really enjoyed how we all went forward to partake in the communion meal. It makes it a very active participation in the communion ceremony. I liked that. I am sure I will be around there for more visits soon.

After church Mike and I went out with my friend and his wife for lunch and had a really good time. It was nice to be able to sit down and just chat with some good friends. Then this evening Mike and I went to my parents house. Today is my birthday, so my mom made my favorite meal and a birthday cake for me, and we enjoyed visiting with them and my brother and his family.

It was a very nice day all around. A good day for a birthday.

2 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Christy said...

Sorry I missed your birthday! Sounds like it was a good one!